Water control systems and products are among the most crucial infrastructures for water and wastewater treatment in the modern world. They ensure that communities have access to clean and safe water. The systems also lower effluent pollution sustainably.
Treatment plants must resist corrosive elements to provide a consistent and safe water supply. Fortunately, fiberglass products are perfect for such demands. Their flexible levels of machinability and formability make them popular for use throughout water treatment plants.
Why Water Control Products are Important
Depending on their application, wastewater systems will vary in complexity and scale. Some are designed for small commercial use, while others are designed for heavy-duty purposes, such as treating millions of gallons of water. The majority of wastewater treatment systems are designed to satisfy the needs of sanitary stations, public parks, housing developments, rural developments, resorts, municipalities, recreation areas, educational institutions, etc.
Due to constant exposure to moisture and treatment chemicals, wastewater systems are highly susceptible to corrosion. This issue is important for planners, engineers, and facility managers to mitigate in order to comply with the strict local, state, and federal regulations.
Corrosion problems and infrastructure degradation often result from sulfuric acid and hydrogen sulfide exposure caused by anaerobic conditions. However, corrosion and other factors that can harm water and wastewater treatment systems are not matters to overlook. The systems must have good resistance to corrosion to guarantee a safe and consistent water supply.
Benefits of Fiberglass Products for Water and Wastewater Treatment
Fiberglass is an excellent material for many wastewater applications, particularly those with persistent anaerobic conditions. Fiberglass components can be fabricated with a corrosion-resistant barrier to combat these harsh conditions and eliminate issues with corrosion.
The material is extremely versatile and lightweight. Fiberglass products possess a high strength-to-weight ratio and can accommodate wastewater applications that require vacuum specifications.
There are many fiberglass applications in the water purification industry. These include processes such as industrial wastewater treatment, demineralization, oil demulsification, metal precipitation, chemical water treatment, odor control, chlorination, lime-soda treatment, disinfection, clarification, bioaugmentation, etc.
Fiberglass is also crucial in handling, storing, and processing chemical precipitants such as defoamers, flocculants, and coagulants.
Water Control Products from VPC Fiberglass
Fiberglass products should replace metal or concrete items in corrosive or challenging environments. We provide Scum Baffles and Weir Plates in any length and size and various configurations such as effluent, rectangular, V-notch, and sharp-crested. We also have other VPC Fiberglass products available, including splice plates, brackets, and washers.
Water control products from VPC Fiberglass are:
- Corrosion Resistant
- Maintenance Free
- Easy to Install
The following water products made of fiberglass have great resistance to rusting and corrosion. They also lower the risk of environmental pollution due to leaks.
- Water Troughs: (Item # VPC-TROUGH, Fiberglass Water Control Trough On Virtual Polymer Compounds, LLC aka VPC FiberGlass)Fiberglass water troughs are vessels that either hold or direct water through treatment systems.
- Water Weirs: (Item # VPC-WEIR, Fiberglass Water Control Weir Gate On Virtual Polymer Compounds, LLC aka VPC FiberGlass)Fiberglass weirs are adjustable barriers that separate solids from the water.
- Water Baffles (Item # VPC-BAFFLE, Fiberglass Water Control Baffle On Virtual Polymer Compounds, LLC aka VPC FiberGlass): Fiberglass water baffle systems prevent floating solids from entering a water trough.
- Scum Skimmers: (Fiberglass Rotating Scum Skimmer (vpcfiberglass.com)Scum skimmers collect scum from water in wastewater treatment systems.
Common applications for fiberglass products in water control / wastewater treatment environments.
- Chemical tanks: (Tanks, Containers, & Covers On Virtual Polymer Compounds, LLC aka VPC FiberGlass)These include storage tanks for chemicals such as sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide, alum, and hydrochloric acid. Fiberglass comprises the entire tank, including FRP tank covers.
- Scrubbers:These devices remove pollutants from industrial exhaust streams
- Ducts: (Custom Ducts On Virtual Polymer Compounds, LLC aka VPC FiberGlass)Ducts handle foul air exhaust in wastewater treatment plants
- Neutralization vessels:These wastewater treatment tanks handle water PH levels adjustments
- Piping:Fiberglass piping is used to ensure that corrosive elements do not harm the water supply
- Clarifiers:Clarifiers are wastewater settling tanks that continuously remove solids deposited into them by sedimentation
- Stacks:Stacks are critical components in engineered systems used for producing high purity water.
Contact Our Experts for Premium Water/Wastewater Control Solutions
Wastewater systems have specific demands that cannot be accomplished by all materials. Fortunately, fiberglass is a stable, high-performing material capable of meeting the demands of wastewater treatment facilities. Fiberglass products are suitable for wastewater systems thanks to their corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, and water tightness. Fiberglass products are also structurally sound and cost-effective.
VPC is a leading supplier of high-quality fiberglass products, and we have an experienced team ready to guide you through the entire process, from design to fabrication to installation. Contact us today to learn more about VPC’s capabilities or request a quote to get an estimate for your next project.
Comments are closed